Two blogs in one day! Aren't you lucky, bloggies?
So, several moons ago, the multi-talented Heather over at The Life of a Traveling Navy Wife was kind enough to bestow upon me a Liebster Award....and I've done absolutely nothing with it. Shame on me.
But I shall now redeem myself by participating in the award.
I had no clue what this award was, and wondered if I was going to receive a large cash prize and perhaps a medal carved from an ancient Greek stone. Not so much, but thankfully there was an explanation provide. "Liebster," in German, means sweet, kind, nice, endearing, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, welcome. Woot woot! The award is passed from one blogger who thinks highly of another. I am super duper flattered that Heather included me in her list of Liebster awards.
The Rules of the Liebster Award
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
- Choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know (or contact them through social media).
- No tag backs!
Here are my answers to Heather's questions:
1. What question do you hate to answer? Are you and Hubs going to have your own children?
2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Writing. All day, every day. With some singing thrown in.
3. How did you choose the title of your blog? It was one of the first things I thought of. I needed to work in the word "stepmom" and I remembered the old saying about "the redheaded stepchild." I felt like it worked for stepmom's, too!
4. What is your favorite charity (and please tell us why)? The wonderful and brilliant ASPCA. I am a gigantic animal rights activist. I believe in adoption because there are a quadrillion beautiful dogs and cats out there that need homes. No need to breed, peeps.
5. Most daring thing you've done in your adult life? This is pretty obvious, but becoming a stepmom is up there. I know many women and men who have a strict "no kid baggage" policy. But to me, my husband having kids was not a deal breaker. It's not jumping out of an airplane, but I still find it daring.
6. What is the best meal you've ever had? So, the Hubs and I were in Omaha on vacation once and stopped at this place called Crave (which is a chain, I think). I broke my "no carb" diet and ordered the lobster mac and cheese. It tasted as good as Channing Tatum looks. I only had it that one time, but returned to the restaurant a year later and it was OFF THE MENU. I still want to cry thinking about it.
7. Craziest thing in your refrigerator right now? Progesterone inserts. Yes, inserts. Just google "progesterone" and "infertility." Good times, yo.
8. What one book would you recommend to your readers? Anything by Gillian Flynn. Believe it or not, "Gone Girl" is not her best book. She's astounding and from the midwest like me...so that makes her uber awesome.
9. Road trip or airplane? (caveat: given you can choose between the two to get to your destination) Road trip. I can pee when I want and see things I'll never see again. Road trips are an experience. Airplane trips are a nuisance.
10. Sweet or salty? Gimee dat salt.
11. What is your favorite indulgence? Wine. Always wine.
I was going to tag five other bloggies, but half of the ones I was going to choose have already been nominated! So, if you are inclined to do this, DO IT. I nominate everyone! And you can answer Heather's questions, because she's got way better ones than I would think of.