Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SD By The Numbers

My oldest bonus is turning 13 this weekend!  Aside from feeling like I may pass out from fear of living with a teenage girl, I'm really very excited for her.  Moving from that awkward last year of tweenager to actual teenager was one of the biggest moments in my life.  No I couldn't go off and do anything awesome like drive or wear thongs go on dates, but I had a sense of new found independence.  For her, this blog is my SD by the Numbers...

13 --  The number of years she's been alive
 
2 -- The number of years I think it will take before her mother or father will lock her in a closet until she's 18.
 
15 -- The number of socks I recently found under her bed.
 
942 --  Times "OMG" flies from her mouth over a weekend.
 
32 -- questions about when she can learn to drive
 
0 -- grey hairs on my head before I met my SD
 
14 0 -- number of grey hairs I plucked from my head this month have now
 
12,467 -- the number of times I've begged and prayed she doesn't have to go through any of the awful stuff I did as a thirteen year old
 
1 -- the direction of the band she is OBSESSED with
 
3 -- number of iPods that magically vanished into thin air have been permanently misplaced  since her 12th birthday
 
6 -- the age her father still wishes she was
 
23 -- the age she thinks wishes she is
 
1,000,000+ -- the number of times she will likely screw up and we'll still love her with all our hearts.
 
Happy Birthday, little miss!


2 comments: